2019-2020 Health Physics Society Fellowships
The Health Physics Society (HPS) announces the availability of the following fellowships to support full-time entering or continuing students enrolled in bona fide U.S. graduate programs in health physics or a closely related field:
- The Burton J. Moyer Memorial Fellowship was established by the Northern California Chapter of the HPS to memorialize the late Burton J. Moyer and to encourage his ideals in the study of the safe use of radiation for the benefit of all people. The award consists of a stipend of $10,000.
- The Robert S. Landauer, Sr., Memorial Fellowship; Robert Gardner Memorial; Richard J. Burk, Jr., Fellowship; and J. Newell Stannard Fellowship each consist of a $5,000 stipend.
- Two additional HPS Fellowships are also presented each year, consisting of a stipend of $5,000 each.
All HPS and named fellowships are accompanied by an $800 travel grant to be used to attend the HPS annual meeting in the year awarded. All fellowship recipients are required to attend the awards dinner during the annual meeting. Award winners will be notified on or about 30 April 2019. Previous HPS Fellowship holders are ineligible. Foreign nationals are welcome to apply unless noted otherwise.
Submit the HPS Fellowship and Scholarships application form. After you submit the form, you should receive a confirmation by email that the fellowship application has been received by the HPS. If you do not immediately receive this confirmation email, check your spam folder.
Additionally you must submit hard copies of the following to the Secretariat:
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- A one-page statement about your personal career goals, including a statement about your intent to enter the field of health physics.
- A summary of your health physics curriculum outlining the proposed course of study, a description of the courses to be taken, and the proposed timeline for graduate study. The plan of study must be signed by your faculty advisor and include that individual's contact information. Applicants for the HPS Fellowships for entering graduate students need not have been formally accepted by the program at the time this letter is written.
- Two signed and sealed letters of recommendation from people attesting to your potential for graduate study in health physics.
Place the supporting materials into a single packet and mail with a postmark no later than 28 February 2019 to:
Health Physics Society
950 Herndon Parkway, Suite 450
Herndon, VA 20170
Alternatively, these can be emailed directly as a single PDF file attachment to email@example.com with a cc copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email about this after completion of your application.