Website, Publications, and Secretariat Contacts
Please contact the following persons for scientific or technical issues associated with the Health Physics Society website:
Barbara L. HamrickEditor in Chief
Craig L. LittleSociety Operations Editor
- Responsible for updating the content on the HPS public and Members Only websites with the Society's activities.
- Maintains the Meetings pages and Upcoming Meetings and Events.
- Assists committees, chapters, and sections with reporting and updating their posted information.
- Performs copy editing of FAQs, Health Physics News items, etc.
- Official point of contact for media inquiries.
- Oversees HPS social media functions.
Emily CaffreyAsk the Experts Editor
- Oversees/structures/develops the Ask the Experts (ATE) HPS feature.
- Identifies fact sheets that are helpful to the public on radiation information.
- Maintains a list of topic editors and experts.
- Ensures that questions are answered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the management of the hps.org server, website design and layout, security, and backup of the hps.org website.
- Maintains, updates, and backs up all databases in coordination with the Secretariat.
Sharon HeblSupport Editor
- Posts job openings.
- Posts ATE questions and answers, Notes of Appreciation, FAQs, and other ATE-related items determined by ATE editors.
- Helps ATE editors as needed.
- Reviews posted ATE questions and answers and edits and updates URLs as needed.
- Contacts publishers and authors for book donations for the book drawing at the annual meeting.
- Helps news editor as needed.
Health Physics News Contact
Mary A. WalchukNews Editor
- Gathers, prepares, and posts news items and graphics for the HPS website and the twice-monthly emailed Health Physics News.
- Copyedits various web pages and HPS documents.
- Coordinates and attends the Web Operations booth at the HPS annual meeting.
Chapter and Section Website Support
Ruediger (Ruedi) Birenheide
- Webmaster for hpschapters.org website.
- Edits section and chapter web pages.
Use the following addresses to contact the Health Physics Journal and Operational Radiation Safety editors:
Health Physics Journal
Brant UlshEditor in Chief
Operational Radiation Safety
Craig A. Little
Health Physics Journal
Mary Gene RyanManaging Editor
- Responsible for handling Health Physics manuscripts from acceptance to publication.
- Manages copyediting process through final proof stage.
- Chooses content for each month's issue.
- Ensures that all technical and editorial concerns are addressed prior to publication.
Health Physics Journal
Deanna BakerEditorial Assistant
- Responsible for handling manuscripts from submission to acceptance—serves as the liaison between authors and editors.
- Helps authors navigate the Editorial Manager software system.
- Serves as the managing editor for Operational Radiation Safety.
- Communicates with the production editor and publisher to ensure all concerns are addressed prior to printing an article.
Use the following address to contact the Secretariat:
Administration of the Society's meetings:
Jennifer Rosenberg, Meetings Director, email@example.com, phone ext. 231
Mary Lou Robinson, Meetings, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 223, responds to inquiries concerning general meeting information.
Elizabeth Terry-Humen, Registration Coordinator, email@example.com, responsible for processing of meeting registrations.
Amy Sullivan, Sponsorship Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 223, is responsible for advertising, sponsorships, and exhibits.
Heide Scheiter-Rohland, Membership Director, email@example.com, phone ext. 219, is responsible for administering the Society's membership program and section and chapter support.
Maggie Lefer, Data Processor, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 229, is responsible for processing of new and renewal dues.
Overall administration of the Society's finances:
Tiffany Binnix, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, email@example.com, phone ext. 217.
Sue Huber, Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 228.
Amy Wride-Graney, Standards Coordinator, email@example.com, phone ext. 213, is responsible for the Standards Program and Committees N13 and N43.
Tammy Liberati, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 210, responds to inquiries concerning general information on the Society and forwards membership applications and Society brochures.
Mary Gene Ryan, Special Publications Director, email@example.com, 843-670-9668, is responsible for producing special publications of the Society, which currently include ANSI/HPS standards.