Website, Publications, and Secretariat Contacts
Please contact the following persons for scientific or technical issues associated with the Health Physics Society website:
Kelly L. ClassicEditor in Chief
Marcia B. HartmanSociety Operations Editor
- Responsible for updating the content on the HPS public and Members Only websites with the Society's activities.
- Maintains the Meetings pages and Upcoming Meetings and Events.
- Assists committees, chapters, and sections with reporting and updating their posted information.
Emily CaffreyAsk the Experts Editor
- Oversees/structures/develops the Ask the Experts (ATE) HPS feature.
- Identifies fact sheets that are helpful to the public on radiation information.
- Maintains a list of topic editors and experts.
- Ensures that questions are answered in a timely manner.
Craig A. LittleTechnical Editor
Works as the copy and technical editor for ATE questions and answers, FAQs, information sheets, fact sheets, and Health Physics News.
- Responsible for the management of the hps.org server, website design and layout, security, and backup of the hps.org website.
- Maintains, updates, and backs up all databases in coordination with the Secretariat.
Sharon HeblSupport Editor
- Posts job openings.
- Posts ATE questions and answers, Notes of Appreciation, FAQs, and other ATE-related items determined by ATE editors.
- Helps ATE editors as needed.
- Reviews posted ATE questions and answers and edits and updates URLs as needed.
- Contacts publishers and authors for book donations for the book drawing at the annual meeting.
Health Physics News Contact
Mary A. WalchukNews Editor
- Gathers, prepares, and posts news items and graphics for the HPS website and the twice-monthly emailed Health Physics News.
- Manages advertising for the online classified ads and the Health Physics News banner ads.
- Copyedits various web pages and HPS documents.
- Coordinates and attends the Web Operations booth at the HPS annual meeting.
Chapter and Section Website Support
Ruediger (Ruedi) Birenheide
- Webmaster for hpschapters.org website.
- Edits Section and Chapter web pages.
Use the following addresses to contact the Health Physics Journal and Operational Radiation Safety editors:
Health Physics Journal
Brant UlshEditor in Chief
Operational Radiation Safety
Craig A. Little
Health Physics Journal
Mary Gene RyanManaging Editor
- Responsible for handling Health Physics manuscripts from acceptance to publication.
- Manages copyediting process through final proof stage.
- Chooses content for each month's issue.
- Ensures that all technical and editorial concerns are addressed prior to publication.
Health Physics Journal
Deanna BakerEditorial Assistant
- Responsible for handling manuscripts from submission to acceptance—serves as the liaison between authors and editors.
- Helps authors navigate the Editorial Manager software system.
- Serves as the managing editor for Operational Radiation Safety.
- Communicates with the production editor and publisher to ensure all concerns are addressed prior to printing an article.
Use the following address to contact the Secretariat:
Overall administration of the Society's finances:
Tiffany Binnix, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, email@example.com, phone ext. 217
Nguyen Phan, Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 228
Laurie Mullins, Data Processor, email@example.com, phone ext. 216, is responsible for processing of new and renewal dues.
Maggie Lefer, Data Processor, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 229, is responsible for processing of new and renewal dues.
Amy Wride-Graney, Standards Coordinator, email@example.com, phone ext. 213, is responsible for the Standards Program, Committees N13 and N43, the American Academy of Health Physics (AAHP), and the American Board of Health Physics (ABHP).
Mary Lou Scarbrough, Processing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 223, is responsible for processing of meeting registrations.
Heide Scheiter-Rohland, Membership Director, email@example.com, phone ext. 211, is responsible for administering the Society's membership program, section and chapter support, and resetting and sending passwords.
Tammy Liberati and Elizabeth Terry-Humen, Administrative Assistants, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone ext. 210, respond to inquiries concerning general information on the Society and forward membership applications, meeting information, and Society brochures.
Mary Gene Ryan, Special Publications Director, email@example.com, 843-670-9668, is responsible for producing special publications of the Society, which currently include ANSI/HPS standards.