Health Physics News
Highlights of the 38-page online Health Physics Society (HPS) July 2014 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — "NRC Criteria for Patient Release Following Medical Treatment With Radionuclides" – An interview with NRC Commissioner William Magwood by Marcia Hartman, Jeff Brunette, Linnea Wahl, and Mary Walchuk
- "Health Physics Society Position Statement PS027-0 'Release of Patients Treated With Therapeutic Quantities of Radiopharmaceuticals and Sealed Sources'" – by Ed Maher
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — "Strategic Planning for Future Growth" – by HPS President Darrell Fisher
- HPS MEETINGS
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting, 13–17 July, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2015 HPS Annual Meeting, 12–16 July, Indianapolis, Indiana
- SOCIETY NEWS
- hps.org Going Mobile
- Ira Reese to Receive HPS Presidential Special Merit Award
- MEMBER NEWS — 25-Year Members, 50-Year Members
- CHAPTER NEWS — Atlanta Chapter, Great Lakes Chapter, Savannah River Chapter
- SECTION NEWS — Medical Health Physics Section
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — International Collaboration Committee
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Watering the Garden
- THE HPS EFFECT — "Salmon"
- THE BOICE REPORT #26 — "The Million Worker Study Comes to Oak Ridge"
- IN MEMORIAM — Warren Keith Sinclair
- BOOKS BY HPS MEMBERS
- Actions for Survival: Saving Lives in the Immediate Hours After Release of Radioactive or Other Toxic Agents by Allen Brodsky
- Blackbeard's Cabin Boy by Paul Knapp
- REPORT FROM THE STACKS — Radiation: What It Is, What You Need to Know by Robert P. Gale and Eric Lax
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — "To LNT or Not to LNT, Is That the Question?"
- REAC/TS — "Potential Injury From an X-Ray Nondestructive Testing Device (Case #2611)"
- CHP CORNER
- Show Your Support for Exam Candidates!
- Part II Examination Panel
- Title Protection and Professional Recognition Committee
- International Radiation Protection Association North American Workshop on the Ethical Dimensions of Radiological Protection
- 2014 International Radon Symposium
- Registration Still Open—2014 DOE Accelerator Safety Workshop
- Public Meeting on DOE Spent Nuclear Fuel
- IEC TC 45 Meeting
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- Schauer Named New ICRU Executive Secretary
- Anthony C. James Scholarship Fund
- National Academy of Sciences AFRRI Report Public Release
- 40 CFR 190 Comment Period Extended
- NRC Updating Strategic Assessment of Low-Level Radioactive Waste Regulatory Program
- Openings for Graduate Study at Catholic University of America
- NRC Public Briefing on Radiation Source Protection and Security
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Participating in the 5K run at the 1997 HPS Annual Meeting in San Antonio
- ADVERTISEMENTS — F&J Specialty Products, Inc.; Wiley-VCH; Berkeley Nucleonics Corporation; ORAU Professional Training Programs; HPS Logo Store; MJW Corporation, Inc., RSO Services, Inc.; Radiation Safety Associates, Inc.; Technical Management Services, Inc.; Dade Moeller Training Academy; Radiation Safety & Control Services, Inc.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.
To receive a copy of Health Physics News, become a member of the Health Physics Society. Go to About the Society and then How to Join on this website.