Health Physics News
Highlights of the 30-page online Health Physics Society (HPS) October 2014 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — "The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant Accident and Recovery" by Robert Hayes
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — HPS President Barbara Hamrick discusses the 60th anniversary of the HPS.
- ORS CALL FOR PAPERS
- HPS MEETINGS
- 2015 HPS Midyear Meeting, Norfolk, Virginia, 1–4 February: Submit your abstracts and make plans to attend
- 2015 HPS Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana, 12–16 July: Start Your Engines
- SOCIETY NEWS
- New HPS Position Statements
- 2014–2015 HPS Fellowship Awardees
- CHAPTER NEWS — Baltimore-Washington Chapter, Florida Chapter
- SECTION NEWS — RSO Section
- THE ATE EXPERTS SAY . . . — A new column about the HPS website Ask the Experts feature
- NRC NEWS
- NRC Issues New Strategic Plan
- ACMUI: Call for Nominations for Diagnostic Radiologist
- THE HPS EFFECT — NRC's Nuclear Education Grant Programs
- THE BOICE REPORT #29 — "When Bad Things Happen—Emergency Responders"
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER — "ISO Standards Reviewers Support HPS International Participation"
- BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, OR OUT OF DATE — Nuclear Flight: The United States Air Force Programs for Atomic Jets, Missiles, and Rockets
- A PHILATELIC LOOK AT HEALTH PHYSICS HISTORY — "Pitchblende"
- REAC/TS — "Cutaneous Radiation Syndrome in Lilo, Georgia—1996–1997 (REAC/TS Registry Case # 1792)"
- CHP CORNER
- The State of AAHP Finances
- Continuing Education Committee Update
- National Nuclear Science Week
- Radiobioassay and Radiochemical Measurements Conference
- National Radiation Protection Professionals Week
- NAS Meeting: Planning Towards a BEIR VIII Report
- 2015 CRPA Annual Conference
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- Dade Moeller Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- RSCS Acquires Millennium Services
- Changes in DOE Isotope Program
- Image Gently Campaign Expands to Dentistry: Urges Dental Professionals to "Child-Size" Radiation Dose
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — The Elda E. Anderson Award Breakfast
- ADVERTISEMENTS — ORAU Professional Training Programs; F&J Specialty Products, Inc.; HPS Logo Store; Berkeley Nucleonics Corporation; Dade Moeller Training Academy; Technical Management Services, Inc.; Radiation Safety Associates, Inc.; RSO Services, Inc.; Radiation Safety & Control Services, Inc.; The MJW Companies
To have your Chapter or Student Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Mary Walchuk at the Health Physics News office, phone: 507-267-4447 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive a copy of Health Physics News, become a member of the Health Physics Society. Click on the "Join or Renew" button at the top of this page or go to our Membership in the Health Physics Society page.