Health Physics News
Highlights of the 41-page online Health Physics Society (HPS) August 2014 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — "Meet President Barbara Hamrick"
- ORS CALL FOR PAPERS
- HPS MEETINGS
- 2015 HPS Midyear Meeting, 1–4 February, Norfolk, Virginia: Call for Papers
- 2015 HPS Annual Meeting, 12–16 July, Indianapolis, Indiana
- SOCIETY NEWS
- Health Physics Society Nominates John Boice for IRPA’s Rolf Sievert Award
- Japan Health Physics Society Hosts U.S. Counterpart
- CHAPTER NEWS — Baltimore-Washington Chapter, South Texas Chapter
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — International Collaboration Committee
- NRC NEWS
- NRC Seeks Public Comment on Potential Changes to Radiation Protection Regulations
- NRC Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Revisions to Requirements for Medical Uses of Radioactive Materials
- NRC Names William (Bill) Dean Director of Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
- Advisory Committee on the Medical Uses of Isotopes Meeting
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Spring visits and updated legislative information
- THE BOICE REPORT #27 — "Men and Women on Mars"
- NCRP NEWS — New NCRP Executive Director Hired
- IN MEMORIAM — Margaret A. Reilly, Hal McPherson Butler
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — "Fukushima in the News—Public Relations" by Joel Cehn
- BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, OR OUT OF DATE — Personal and Family Survival: Civil Defense Adult Education Course—Student Manual by Department of Defense, Office of Civil Defense
- REAC/TS — "Laceration With Americium and Plutonium Contamination (Case #1284)"
- CHP CORNER
- Announcing the 2014 William A. McAdams Award
- Call for AAHP Nominations
- Professional Development Committee
- Public Meeting on DOE Spent Nuclear Fuel
- Las Vegas in September: 60th Annual Meeting of the Radiation Research Society
- 2014 International Radon Symposium
- IEC TC 45 Meeting
- National Nuclear Science Week
- 60th Annual Radiobioassay and Radiochemical Measurements Conference
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- Exelon Corporation CHP Initiative
- Openings for Graduate Study at Catholic University of America
- International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine (RPM2014)
- PHMSA Publishes Final Rule
- The 66th IRPA Executive Council Report
- Health Physics Journals 1976 to Present—Free Set
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — An intense discussion at the 2013 HPS Annual Meeting in Madison, Wisconsin
- ADVERTISEMENTS — F&J Specialty Products, Inc.; Berkeley Nucleonics Corporation; Dade Moeller Training Academy; ORAU Professional Training Programs; HPS Logo Store; Technical Management Services, Inc.; Radiation Safety Associates, Inc.; Radiation Safety & Control Services, Inc.; The MJW Companies; RSO Services, Inc.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.
To receive a copy of Health Physics News, become a member of the Health Physics Society. Click on the "Join or Renew" button at the top of this page or go to our Membership in the Health Physics Society page.