How to Join the Health Physics Society
How Do I Join?
You may join the Health Physics Society by mail or electronically using our interactive application form. To join by mail, fill out an HPS application form (PDF: 36 KB) and mail it to the Executive Director of the Society at:
Health Physics Society
1313 Dolley Madison Boulevard - Suite 402
McLean, VA 22101
All memberships are calendar year (i.e., January through December). Membership applications received after 1 October will be processed for the next year. Membership in the Society will not begin until payment is received.
Why Should I Join the Health Physics Society?
If you are personally or professionally interested in personal and environmental radiation protection in particular and minimizing risk from radiation exposure relative to the derived benefits in general, you share the interests of nearly 5,000 other members of this respected international professional organization. Your participation in Society activities and interaction with the members will provide opportunities to have a well-developed and highly productive career as a health physicist. Membership categories and dues information are available through these links.
Tangible benefits of Society membership include:
- A subscription to the monthly Health Physics Journal.
- A subscription to the monthly Health Physics News.
- A subscription to the quarterly Operational Radiation Safety.
- Complimentary copies of the ANSI/HPS standards, downloadable from the Members Only section of the HPS website.
- A listing in and access to our Online Membership Directory.
- Access to the Members Only area of the Health Physics Society website, which contains News, Employment Information, the Legislative Action Center, and online access to full texts of the Health Physics Journal, Health Physics News, and Operational Radiation Safety.
- Reduced registration fees at meetings of the Society.
- Reduced fees to join sections of the Society.
- Opportunities to participate on Society committees.
- The right to vote and hold office (other than Associate and Affiliate members).
- Discount of 20% on all NCRP Reports.