Society News Archive
Scientists from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have been studying the ocean environment with Japanese scientists since the earthquake at Fukushima, Japan, in March 2011.
The WHOI website has a list of FAQs and links to articles with additional information from the recent releases.
Some of the questions answered include:
- What is the state of fisheries off Japan and along the U.S. West Coast?
- Are fish such as tuna that might have been exposed to radiation from Fukushima safe to eat?
- Is there concern about other radionuclides, such as strontium-90?
- Is radiation exposure still a concern?
- Where does radiation from Fukushima go once it enters the ocean?