Current News Archive
Assuring Radiation Protection (U18), RFA-FD-18-021—the Food and Drug Administration/Center for Devices and Radiological Health is announcing its intention to accept and consider a single-source application for the award of a cooperative agreement in fiscal year 2018 to the Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, Inc. (CRCPD). This is in support of coordination of federal and state actions to assure radiation protection of the American public.
The primary purpose of this cooperative agreement is to assist CRCPD members (state radiation control programs) in their efforts to protect the public, radiation workers, and patients from unnecessary radiation exposure. Its goals will include:
- Producing radiation protection solutions that meet community needs.
- Assisting states with improving tools for radiation control.
- Coordinating federal, state, and tribal activities to achieve effective solutions to present and future radiation control problems.
- Obtaining the states' cooperation and participation on committees and working groups established to deal with individual problems.
- Planning and facilitating an annual meeting to develop and offer educational activities that demonstrate mutually beneficial techniques, procedures, and systems relevant to the mission of assuring radiation protection.
- Establishing committees to address, evaluate, and offer solutions for a wide range of radiation health and protection issues.
- Providing training in radiation control for CRCPD members.
The application due date is 4 June 2018. More information can be found on the National Institutes of Health grants website.