Society News Archive
All International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) associate societies are invited to nominate a candidate to receive the Rolf M. Sievert Award, which will be presented at the 15th IRPA International Congress in Seoul in May 2020.
The Sievert Award recognizes outstanding contributions to radiological protection and honours the memory of Rolf M. Sievert, PhD, a leader and pioneer in radiological protection. The recipient must be preeminent in the discipline, and in accepting the award, the recipient must agree to be in a position to present the Sievert Lecture at the Seoul international congress.
Nominations must be of people who are not currently members of either the Executive Council or the Sievert Award Committee.
A nomination must be accompanied by a supporting statement to justify the nomination. To guide the Award Committee in evaluating nominations, an IRPA Associate Society that makes a nomination should provide as a minimum for each candidate:
- A 250-word outline of the particular contributions the candidate has made in the field of radiation protection that are the basis for the nomination and that would justify the candidate's selection as the recipient of the award.
- The formal assurance that the candidate is the official nominee of an IRPA associate society.
- A current CV for the candidate, including a summary, approximately 500 words, of the candidate's career.
- Any pertinent supporting documentation.
- An assurance that the recipient of the Sievert Award will deliver the Sievert Memorial Lecture at the Congress and will make a copy of the lecture available to the publications director for publication.
Names of nominees should be sent to Health Physics Society Awards Committee Chair Robert Cherry by 31 December 2017.