Society News Archive
Get ready to go to Spokane—a city of beauty with waterfalls downtown and lots of dining options and things to do. You don't want to miss the 2016 Health Physics Society (HPS) Annual Meeting!
Accommodations are available at both the Davenport Grand and the DoubleTree by Hilton and both are connected to the Convention Center.
- The Davenport Grand (part of the Marriott Autograph Collection), 333 West Spokane Falls Boulevard, Spokane, WA 99201, United States; $126 per night. Click on the hotel name to make your reservation.
- The DoubleTree by Hilton, 322 North Spokane Falls Court, Spokane, WA 99201; $129 per night. Click on the hotel name to make your reservation.
The cut-off date for both hotels is 15 June or until blocks are sold out and group rates are no longer available, so make your reservation early.
Secure online registration is open for the 2016 annual meeting here. Register by 8 June 2016 for discounted rates. This is your chance to make tour reservations; tours that don't fill up will be cancelled.
Have you registered for the professional development school (PDS)?
You can do it here. The PDS will be held at the Davenport Grand, 14–15 July. The topic is "Decontamination and Decommissioning—Case Studies." You can find the details here.
Annual Meeting Program Details
View the sessions and program information including tours, American Academy of Health Physics courses, Professional Enrichment Program courses, and continuing education lectures in the preliminary program on the HPS website.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- The plenary session—"The Wild and Wonderful World (Universe) of Health Physics"—including talks featuring speakers from the Icelandic Radiation Safety Authority, The Joint Commission, SLAC, M.H. Chew & Associates, the Florida Department of Health, and the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements.
- A special NORM/TENORM Industry Day on Tuesday.
- Social events including a pub crawl, bike tour on the Hiawatha Trail, 5k run and walk, and private cruise on Scenic Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Radioactive Mike Night.
- An app for the meeting to keep you up to date with the latest changes and additions.
- A great exhibit hall and much more!!
For more information contact the HPS Secretariat at 703-790-1745 or email@example.com.