Society News Archive
A two-day professional development school (PDS) will be held in Spokane, Washington, on Thursday–Friday, 14–15 July 2016, just before the 2016 Health Physics Society Annual Meeting. The registration fee for the PDS is $695. It will be added to the registration form soon.
Alan Fellman, CHP, PhD, as academic dean, has put together an impressive agenda and list of national and international speakers.
The agenda for "Decontamination and Decommissioning—Case Studies" includes a review of many practical aspects of decontamination and decommissioning as well as lessons learned from actual case studies. The full agenda is available and includes the following topics:
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Planning
- Characterization and Early Site Assessment
- Remediation and Radiological Controls
- Waste Management
- Case Studies—Chernobyl, Fukushima, and Others
- Cost Estimating and Project Management
- Instruments and Analyses
- Surveys of Material and Equipment
- Final Status Surveys
- Revisions to MARSSIM—2016
Contact Ray Johnson (phone 301-370-8573) for information on the PDS.