Society News Archive
If you missed the 2015 Health Physics Society (HPS) Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, you will be delighted to read the August issue of Health Physics News.
Mary Walchuk has created an impressive photographic montage of the
annual meeting, covering most of the major events. While it is not as
good as being there, hopefully this issue fills some of the void for you
or helps those who attended relive the experience of celebrating our 60th anniversary.
This month's Student Corner celebrates a newfound synergism between the Academic Education Committee and student branches. These entities are exploring innovative ways of working together for the benefit of our student members.
While precious photographs fill many of the August newsletter pages, you will still find a great deal of other valuable news items of interest, including:
- An enlightening report from Treasurer Kathy Shingleton elucidating the Society's financial health.
- A rather different Boice Report that focuses on popular literature and how it relates to radiation protection.
- A plea by Congressional Liaison David Connolly to get involved in helping reverse the government edict on travel restrictions.
- Tom Johnston's stamps, which bring the history of the metric system to life for us.
- An interesting REAC/TS article on medical countermeasures to address the acute radiation syndrome.
- A letter to the editor from Past President Barbara Hamrick describing how your Board is dealing with current challenges that our Society faces.
- The CHP Corner with pertinent information for all certified health physicists.
Click here to access the current issue of Health Physics News.
Web Operations is always eager to receive your feedback on how we are doing. Please contact me, Howard Dickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.