Society News Archive
Get ready to go to Indy for the 2015 Health Physics Society (HPS) Annual Meeting!
Accommodations – Both the Westin and the Hyatt are filling up and both are connected to the Convention Center.
The Westin Indianapolis, 50 South Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204, United States Phone: 1-317-262-8100, $129 per night. Click on the hotel name to make your reservation.
The Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, One South Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204, $129 per night. Click on the hotel name to make your reservation.
Secure online registration is open for the 2015 HPS Annual Meeting at ssl4.westserver.net/hpschapters/2015AM/registration/index.php.Register by 9 June 2015 for discounted rates. This is your last chance to make tour reservations—tours that don't fill up will be cancelled.
Have you registered for the Professional Development School?
Annual Meeting Program Details
View the sessions and program information including tours, American Academy of Health Physics courses, PEPs and CELs at hps.org/documents/2015_preliminary_program_annual_meeting.pdf.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- A plenary session including talks featuring speakers from the Nuclear Energy Agency, Louisiana State University, and Northwestern University and also featuring the president of the Republic of Georgia Chapter of HPS.
- The special workshop Health Risks From Low Doses and Low Dose-Rates of Ionizing Radiation.
- The special session Celebrating our Past—Looking to the Future, featuring many HPS past presidents.
- The Pub Crawl, an Indy Speedway tour, the 5k Run & Walk, and the Night Out at the zoo.
- Radioactive Mike Night at the Slippery Noodle.
- An app for the meeting to keep you up to date with the latest changes and additions.
- A great exhibit hall and much more!!
For more information, contact the HPS Secretariat at 703-790-1745 or email@example.com.