2016 Dade Moeller Scholarship Awards
In honor of Dade W. Moeller there will be two awards given annually dependent on qualified nominations or applicants. One will be designated the "Dade Moeller Scholarship Award," and the other as the "Dade Moeller Scholarship Award Memorializing Kelly Austin." This award will be given to individuals that are students during the upcoming academic year or is currently enrolled in a bachelor's, master's or doctoral program in health physics or related nuclear or environmental sciences at an accredited college or university located in the United States.
Nominations may be submitted online by:
- A Student Member of the Society;
- a Voting Member of the Society on behalf of a Student;
- an Academic Program Director who is not a member of the Society provided the nomination is sponsored by a Voting Member; or
- A Student Faculty Advisor who is not a member of the Society provided the nomination is sponsored by a Voting Member.
Each nomination shall include:
- a short biographical resume of the student including a list of accomplishments;
- description of the academic program for the upcoming year (please also email a copy of your transcript to email@example.com);
- information supporting the nomination of the individual [minimum of one letter of reference (mandatory); reports and papers can be submitted as supporting material for the individual’s nomination].
- Awardee shall have met the eligibility requirements for the award and remains in good academic standing in the program described in the recipient's nomination package.
- Preference shall be given to Student Members of the Society.
- Awardees shall be willing and able to attend the subsequent Annual Meeting following announcement of Award and shall make suitable efforts to participate in the technical program.
The Award consists of the following:
- Monetary support of $3,500 to the recipient for educational expenses with disbursement in September and January during the upcoming academic year, provided by the Dade Moeller Fund;
- Nominal monetary support limited to $1,500 to the recipient to support attendance at the subsequent Annual Meeting of the Society following announcement of the award to cover travel, lodging, meals, incidentals and other reasonable, normal, and routine expenses - provided by the Dade Moeller Fund;
- Complimentary registration at the meeting provided by the Health Physics Society; and
- Complimentary tickets to the Society's Awards Ceremony provided by the Health Physics Society
Submittal and all supporting materials must be submitted no later than 28 March 2016. Award winners will be notified by 29 April 2016.
Note: Only US students are eligible for these scholarships.