2019 Dade Moeller Scholarship Awards
In honor of Dade W. Moeller there will be two awards given annually dependent on qualified nominations or applicants. One will be designated the "Dade Moeller Scholarship Award," and the other as the "Dade Moeller Scholarship Award Memorializing Kelly Austin." This award will be given to individuals that are students during the upcoming academic year or is currently enrolled in a bachelor's, master's or doctoral program in health physics or related nuclear or environmental sciences at an accredited college or university located in the United States.
Nominations may be submitted online by:
- A Student Member of the Society;
- a Voting Member of the Society on behalf of a Student;
- an Academic Program Director who is not a member of the Society provided the nomination is sponsored by a Voting Member; or
- A Student Faculty Advisor who is not a member of the Society provided the nomination is sponsored by a Voting Member.
Submit the HPS Fellowship and Scholarships application form. After you submit the form, you should receive a confirmation by email that the scholarship application has been received by the HPS. If you do not immediately receive this confirmation email, check your spam folder.
Additionally you must submit hard copies of the following to the Secretariat:
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- A one-page statement about your personal career goals, including a statement about your intent to enter the field of health physics.
- A summary of your health physics curriculum outlining the proposed course of study, a description of the courses to be taken, and the proposed timeline for graduate study. The plan of study must be signed by your faculty advisor and include that individual's contact information. Applicants for entering graduate students need not have been formally accepted by the program at the time this letter is written.
- Two signed and sealed letters of recommendation from people attesting to your potential for study in health physics.
Place the supporting materials into a single packet and mail with a postmark no later than 28 February 2019 to:
Health Physics Society
950 Herndon Parkway
Herndon, VA 20170
Alternatively, these can be emailed directly as a single PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc copy to email@example.com. You will receive an email about this after completion of your application.
- Awardee shall have met the eligibility requirements for the award and remains in good academic standing in the program described in the recipient's nomination package.
- Preference shall be given to Student Members of the Society.
- Awardees shall be willing and able to attend the subsequent Annual Meeting following announcement of Award and shall make suitable efforts to participate in the technical program.
The Award consists of the following:
- Monetary support of $3,500 to the recipient for educational expenses with disbursement in September and January during the upcoming academic year, provided by the Dade Moeller Fund;
- Nominal monetary support limited to $1,500 to the recipient to support attendance at the subsequent (2019) Annual Meeting of the Society following announcement of the award to cover travel, lodging, meals, incidentals and other reasonable, normal, and routine expenses - provided by the Dade Moeller Fund;
- Complimentary registration at the meeting provided by the Health Physics Society; and
- Complimentary tickets to the Society's Awards Ceremony provided by the Health Physics Society
Submittal and all supporting materials must be submitted no later than 28 February 2019. Award winners will be notified by 30 April 2019.
Note: Only US students are eligible for these scholarships.