2018 HPS Annual Meeting In Review
15–19 July, Cleveland, Ohio
Enjoy photos and information from the 2018 HPS Annual Meeting and Professional Development School, which were held in Cleveland, Ohio in July. Keep checking back—this page will be updated periodically.
Ron Leuenberger, CHP, PDS Administrative Dean
How did 32 hours of Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP) Medical Physics Continuing Education Credit (MPCEC) training come to be compressed into 2.5 days? See below!
The 2018 Health Physics Society Professional Development School, "Medical Physics Future and Beyond: Evolution of Medical Health Physics" was held 18–20 July in Cleveland, Ohio. The PDS out-of-the-box included the following firsts for HPS:
- PDS alignment with the annual meeting of the HPS, allowing those at the meeting to attend PDS lectures for Professional Enrichment Program and continuing education lecture credit.
- Five hands-on breakout sessions (4 hours each, totaling 20 hours).
- CAMPEP MPCEC (32 hours total with 12 lectures and 20 hours hands-on with 5 sessions).
- Sponsor-provided six training locations, hands-on equipment, instructors, and two dinners.
- A live-stream Think Tank Panel Discussion.
This PDS exposed approximately 100 students to out-of-the-box thinking on emerging technologies and challenges for medical health physicists to remain relevant into the 21st century. I thank the HPS Board for allowing us to present a new venue with forward thinking. I invite you, the membership of HPS, to hold on for the ride to come.
Sponsors, Sponsors, Sponsors:
- Case Western Reserve University
- Philips Healthcare
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
- VA Healthcare System
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Ludlum Instruments