52nd Midyear Meeting
17-20 February 2019; San Diego, CA
The 52nd Midyear Meeting of the Health Physics Society (HPS) will be held 17–20 February 2019, in San Diego, California. This is the perfect time to take a winter break from the cold!
The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is the meeting hotel. It's hard to imagine a more beautiful location than seeing the beautiful blue waters of San Diego Bay out your window. The whole family can enjoy fun activities in southern California while much of the country is dealing with winter weather.
The room rate is $189 per night—good for the dates of 12–26 February.
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is less than a kilometer away from the Sheraton. The hotel provides complimentary airport shuttle service, or take a short taxi ride with the fare estimated about $10 one way.
Greg Komp is chair of the Program Committee Task Force for the 2019 HPS Midyear Meeting.
AAHP Classes (Saturday, 16 February)
Harmony in Concepts and Units for Internal Dose Calculations for Nuclear Medicine Applications or for Protection of Radiation Workers; Michael Stabin, PhD, CHP; 8 hr
Practical External Dosimetry Management; Tosh Ushino, CHP; 4 hr
Professional Enrichment Program (Sunday, 17 February)
- Evaluation or MARSSIM and MARSAME Surveys
- Harmony in Concepts and Units for Internal Dose Calculations for Nuclear Medicine Applications or for Protection of Radiation Workers
- Medical Laser Safety Program—What Health Physicists Need to Know
- Alpha Spectroscopy for the HP
- Thorium Molten Salt Reactors (TMSR): Key Radiation Protection Challenges
- Full-Range Risk Training for Health Physicists
- Gamma Spectroscopy for the Health Physicist
- Technical Basis and Operational Experience for Clearance of Personal Property From SLAC Accelerator Facilities
Continuing Education Lectures (Monday, 18 February, and Tuesday, 19 February)
- The Case Against LNT
- Dosimetry Challenges of New Nuclear Medicine Theranostic Agents
- Fundamentals of Environmental Health Physics
- Personnel Contamination Monitoring the 411
Explore San Diego's Things to Do.
Persons attending HPS meetings should note the HPS Respectful Behavior Policy.