NORM/TENORM Industry Day
As part of the 2016 Health Physics Society (HPS) Annual Meeting in Spokane, NORM/TENORM Industry Day will be held for those individuals and organizations interested or involved in naturally occurring radioactive material/technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM/TENORM) issues in mining and oil- and gas-recovery activities.
NORM/TENORM Industry Day will be held as part of the 2016 HPS Annual Meeting in Spokane, Washington, on 19 July 2016 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To provide a forum for individuals and organizations wanting to know more about potential radiation issues in industries with NORM/TENORM, notably the mining and the oil and gas industries.
The industry day will be part of the HPS annual meeting, open to all registrants, held primarily in the exhibit area, and focused on NORM/TENORM. A detailed program is available here.
7:00 – 8:00 Continuing Education Lecture: “NORM/TENORM: History + Science + Common Sense = ???”
8:15 – 8:30 Welcome
8:30 – 9:30 Understanding the Basics
- “What Is Radiation and How Is It Detected?”
- “What Is NORM/TENORM?”
9:30 Exhibits and Industry Day Posters Open
9:30 – 10:00 Coffee Break
10:00 – 12:00 Oral Presentation Session
- “Uranium Mining and NORM: A North American Perspective”
- “NORM Safety for Oilfield Workers”
- “NORM Radiation Protection for Alum Production and Storage”
- “TENORM Waste Streams in the Oil and Gas Sector”
- “Baseline Surveys, Environmental Monitoring, and Assessment for TENORM Facilities”
12:00 Complimentary Lunch Opens
12:00 – 3:00 Free Time: Poster Session, Demonstrations, Exhibits
Poster Session: Authors Available for Discussion 1:00 - 2:00
- “The U.S. Abandoned Uranium Mines Project”
- “Measurement of Rn-222 Alpha Decay from Barite Pipe Scale”
- “Performance Assessment Modeling for NORM/TENORM Disposal”
- “Survey and Disposition of NORM-Containing Refractory Brick”
- “The Top 10 Things Oil Producers Need to Know About TENORM”
- “Radium Spectral Response through Pipe-Walls”
3:00 – 3:30 Coffee Break
3:30 – 4:30 Panel Discussion: Current Issues and Topics
4:30 – 5:00 Closing, Contact Exchange, iPad Drawing for Charity
5:00 Happy Hour at Grand Terrace Bar (optional)
Admission is included as part of the overall meeting registration fee, or a one-day pass for this event can be purchased separately for $50. One-day passes for non-HPS members are available for purchase via the Health Physics Society website at this link. The online registration deadline is 29 June.
Event sponsors currently are being sought and will be recognized at the following levels:
- Event naming rights: $5,000+
- Event sponsor: $2,000
- Lunch/refreshments sponsor: $500
- Literature support: $200
If you are interested in being an event sponsor, please contact us at NORMIndustryDay@dademoeller.com.
For More Information
If you would like to be added to a list of interested participants to receive advance information as plans for NORM/TENORM Industry Day develop, please email us at NORMindustryday@dademoeller.com.