Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page June 2007 issue of Health Physics News that includes the CHP News insert.
- COVER — Highlights of the NCRP Forty-Third Annual Meeting, 16-17 April, Arlington, Virginia.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dodd encourages HPS members to "speak SI."
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly discusses three congressional bills to advance science and mathematics instruction.
- EDITORIAL — Andy Karam tells of his experience while attending an astronomy meeting and how it differs from a health physics meeting.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Members of the Science Support Committee attended the National Science Teachers Association conference.
- CHAPTER NEWS — HPS President-elect Kevin L. Nelson visited the Susquehanna Valley Chapter.
- Members of the North Central Chapter named Larry Scheckel as the chapter's 2007 Outstanding Science Teacher.
- AGENCY NEWS — The NRC issues security order to research and test reactors.
- DÉJÀ VU? OR COULD IT BE DÉJÀ PO? — This article, written by Bela Kovach, is about the mysterious poisoning of Russian spy Litvinenko.
- NOTES — Things to do at the 52nd Annual HPS meeting in Portland, Oregon, 8-12 July 2007.
- Things to do at the 2008 Midyear Meeting in Oakland.
- ORISE awarded five-year contract renewal with the U.S. NRC.
- Silent auction will be held at the HPS meeting in Portland.
- Obituaries: Henry Lee Fisher, Jr., John Howard Hubbell, Michael S. Terpilak
- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS for the 2008 Midyear Topical Meeting.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about blue topaz.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 9 display ads, 18 short courses, and 1 job are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.