Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page May 2007 issue of Health Physics News:
- COVER — HPS Archives Bring the Past to the Present – In an interview with HPS Archivist Alex Boerner, we learn about the labors of the past ages of the Society. A vast wealth of knowledge about the beginnings and growth of the HPS can be found in the Society archives stored at the University of Tennessee. In this month's cover story Boerner shares information about the archives and his role in managing them.
- AGENCY NEWS — Andrew Mauer highlights the status and plans for implementation of NRC Regulatory Authority for certain naturally occurring and accelerator-produced radioactive material.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly talks about Majority Leader, Senator Harry Reid and Yucca Mountain.
- WIRELESS NETWORKS — Kenneth R. Foster says health concerns about wireless networks seem to be moot. Foster summarizes his studies on WLAN.
- NOTES — The Cascade Chapter welcomes readers to come to the HPS Annual Meeting in Portland.
- The 2008 Midyear Topical Meeting will be held in Oakland.
- ICRP approves new fundamental recommendations on radiological protection.
- NCRP releases Report No. 154.
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER — The annual ANSI Z136 Laser Safety Meeting was held in March in San Francisco.
- OSHA Ionizing Radiation Stakeholder Meeting held in March in Washington, DC.
- NCCHPS increases its contribution to Burton J. Moyer Fellowship.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — There are 279 new HPS members since November 2006.
- Society Support Committee was created at the HPS Annual Meeting in Providence.
- CHP CORNER — An AAHP Special Session will be held at the upcoming HPS Annual Meeting in Portland.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the RADIAC IM-108/PD (1950s).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads, 19 short courses, and 3 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.