Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page April 2007 issue of Health Physics News:
- COVER — The 2007 Professional Development School (a new name for the HPS Summer School) will be held after the summertime annual meeting, as usual. The 2008 Professional Development School, however, brings change: the school will be held in conjunction with the midyear meeting and will include two concurrent tracks of classes. For information about the 2008 school, we talked with Administrative and Academic Deans. This month's cover story explains the changes being made.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dodd asks whether IRPA is irrelevant.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly discusses the filibuster process in the Senate as a lead-in to an article he plans to do in the future on Yucca Mountain.
- EDITORIAL — Ted Lazo writes about the importance of stakeholder involvement.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Great Lakes Chapter and the Cincinnati Radiation Society report on their latest meetings.
- Nominations for National Student Science Award are sought.
- READ another story by Ken Miller — "My $470.00 Fly"
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — An Air Monitoring Users Group Meeting will be held 1-3 May 2007 in Las Vegas.
- NRC announces the appointment of Darrell Fisher to ACMUI.
- 2008 Midyear Meeting abstracts are due 31 July 2007.
- NOTES — Forty-Third Annual Meeting of the NCRP will be held 16-17 April 2007.
- Obituaries of Victor P. Bond and John Arthur III.
- CHP CORNER — Carl J. Paperiello will chair the AAHP Nominating Committee in 2007.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the cold cathode x-ray therapy tube (ca. 1915).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads, 22 short courses, and 4 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.