Health Physics News
Highlights of the 36-page March 2007 issue of Health Physics News, which includes the 2007 HPS Professional Development School insert:
- COVER — Three HPS members at the CDC say they have been "hip deep" in the public health response to the early November Litvinenko 210Po poisoning incident. Robert Whitcomb, Charles Miller, and Armin Ansari describe what their work life has been like since news of Litvinenko's situation reached them around Thanksgiving.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President Dodd describes a project the HPS Board approved – to develop and publish Radiation Primer: A Citizen's Guide to Radiation.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly examines the 110th Congress and the role of women in it – and talks about the first woman Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi.
- IAEA ANNOUNCES NEW RADIATION WARNING SYMBOL
- A COLLECTOR AND HIS COLLECTION — Mary Walchuk writes about the ORAU health physics instrumentation collection in an interview story with Paul Frame.
- 2007 MIDYEAR TOPICAL MEETING PHOTOS
- CHAPTER NEWS — The South Texas Chapter/North Texas Chapter report on their joint fall meeting.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — An Air Monitoring Users Group Meeting will be held 1-3 May 2007 in Las Vegas
- The CRPA Conference will be held 17-20 September 2007 in Saint John, New Brunswick.
- The Journal's archival DVD will be used as a recruiting tool.
- NOTES — HPS members attending the 2007 HPS Annual Meeting in Portland can check out the Oregon wine country.
- The 2008 Midyear Call for Abstracts—abstracts are due 31 July 2007.
- Lester Kyle Aldrich II obituary
- The ICRP will be approving new recommendations soon.
- THE 2006 HPS SALARY SURVEY IS INCLUDED IN THIS MONTH'S HP NEWS.
- ABET HONORS HPS
- CHP CORNER — The ABHP held its fall Board Meeting on 17-18 November 2006.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about Stayer's fabric.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 11 display ads, 14 short courses, and 2 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.