Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page December 2006 issue of Health Physics News, which includes the CHP Corner insert:
- COVER — In this issue Veterans' Advisory Board on Dose Reconstruction Chairman Dr. James A. Zimble and Nuclear Test Personnel Review Program Manager Dr. Paul K. Blake provide an update on the "atomic veterans" dose reconstruction program.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — This month, President Dodd encourages HPS members to be actively involved in the Society, but not at the expense of their families.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Capitol Associates Washington Representative David Connolly reminds us to contact our Members of Congress.
- STUDENT TRAVEL/WORKER GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIP FORMS
- NO-RAD POTASSIUM IODIDE — Gen Roessler tells about the purchase of a box of "anti-radiation" pills.
- COMMITTEES — Nominating Committee Chair John Frazier reminds members to submit nominations for new officers and directors.
- The Membership Committee welcomes 26 new HPS members.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Eastern Idaho Chapter held a workshop for a teacher in-service day.
- NOTES — The obituary of Marshall W. Parrott
- The LAC invites you to the 2007 HPS Annual Meeting in Portland.
- Dade Moeller evaluates the benefits of radiation.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about uranium-containing homeopathic medicine.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 8 display ads, 15 short courses, and 4 jobs are offered this month.