Health Physics News
The August 2006 issue of Health Physics News has 28 pages of interesting reading.
- COVER — HPS in Blogs? That's right! Read this month's cover story and find out about the new HPS Media Relations Program and how the HPS is involved in blogs.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — New HPS President Brian Dodd discusses the revised Strategic Plan approved by the Board in January.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly gives his views on immigration.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Richard V. Osborne and Al Tschaeche respond to the Moeller-Ryan editorial in the June 2006 Health Physic News.
- Geoffrey Webb comments on his VHLW prognostication.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Brian Dodd presents his 2006-2007 committee appointments.
- HPS 25-YEAR members and 50-year charter members are listed.
- ELDA E. ANDERSON AWARD acceptance speech by Scott O. Schwahn.
- NEW HPS FACT SHEET "Radiation Exposure from Medical Diagnostic Imaging Procedures."
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — NEA/ICRP Forum on the Evolution of the System of Radiological Protection will take place in August in Washington, DC.
- The second All African IRPA Regional Congress will be held in April 2007 in Egypt.
- CHP CORNER — The Title Protection and Professional Recognition Committee is the newest of the AAHP eight standing committees. Committee Chair Tim Buhl gives readers the history of the committee and tells what the committee will be doing and who the members are.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Cutie Pie.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 9 display ads, 16 short courses, and 7 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.