Health Physics News
The June 2006 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the CHP News insert.
- COVER — After spending the past year reviewing the first 50 years of the Health Physics Society, we were curious about the future, so we asked HPS members the question "Where do you see the next 50 years taking the Society?" We think you will find the wide range of answers thoughtful and fun!
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — President McBurney reviews the Society's new approaches for progress in the areas of collaboration on professional education and training, homeland security, and Society restructuring.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Lobbyists are an integral part of the legislative process, supplying legislators with information on the issues that they are called upon to consider.
- AGENCY NEWS — Dale E. Klein is nominated to be a member of the NRC. Commission Chair Nils J. Diaz has announced he will not seek reappointment.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Chapters sharing meeting information are the North Central, Western New York, and Central Rocky Mountain Chapters.
- NOTES — Members of the East Tennessee Chapter invite you to Knoxville for the 2007 Midyear Topical Meeting.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — There is a new IRPA website offering new features.
- NCRP — Photos of the speakers and session chairs for the Forty-Second Annual NCRP Meeting
- EDITORIAL — Dade Moeller and Mike Ryan discuss the linear no-threshold hypothesis.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about a light cover from the Chernobyl reactor.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads, 10 short courses, and 5 jobs are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.