Health Physics News
The April 2006 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the 2007 Midyear Call for Papers Insert.
- COVER — Continuing with the "Look Back" series, this month we feature the still-living past presidents of the HPS. These men and women have built upon the foundation set in place by the earlier presidents and have been instrumental in moving the Society forward year by year.
- NOTES — Make plans for the 2006 HPS Annual Meeting – Tara
Medich invites HPS members attending the meeting to arrive on Saturday
and take in the completely unique WaterFire event.
- The obituary of Mario W. Overhoff.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Lorraine Day from the Deep South Chapter reports on its latest chapter meeting.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — An international symposium in memory of Eugene P. Cronkite will be held in May at Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- The NCRP releases Report No. 151.
- The 10th Annual John Horan Symposium will be held at Idaho State University in April.
- CHP CORNER — Call for nominations for the Joyce P. Davis Memorial Award – nominations may be made by any member of the Academy.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the EMI Radiation Contamination Monitor (early 1960s).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 11 display ads, 10 short courses, and 5 jobs are offered this month.