Health Physics News
The March 2006 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the 2006 Summer School Insert.
- COVER — Continuing with the "Look Back" series, this month we honor HPS past presidents who are no longer with us. Readers are given a small glimpse at the varied and industrious lives of these past presidents. Those of you who knew these leaders know there is so much more to their lives than we could print . . . more information about all of the past presidents will be on the HPS website in the near future.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — President McBurney addresses the needs of the membership.
- EDITORIAL — Mark Maiello asks several questions pertinent to our radiological terrorist response capability.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Sierra Nevada Chapter will hold the fourteenth annual J. Newell Lecture Series 17 March 2006.
- The Cincinnati Radiation Society learns about Ohio Radiological Emergency Readiness.
- The North Carolina Chapter met and held sessions.
- HPS SALARY SURVEY — This year's salary survey was collected in conjunction with a Web-based survey of the entire HPS.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses the right to petition government.
- PLUTO AND PLUTONIUM — Marv Goldman tells about his experience with a team of experts who reviewed the safety and risk associated with the launch of the New Horizons-Pluto spacecraft.
- NEW OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS — The new officers and board members for 2006-2007 are welcomed.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The 17th ASA Radiation and Health Conference will be held in June 2006.
- The 2nd International Conference on Biodosimetry and 7th International Symposium on ESR Dosimetry and Applications will be held in July.
- CHP CORNER – Several updates in this month's Corner
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the High-Pressure Ion Chamber.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 11 display ads, 12 short courses, and 4 jobs are offered this month.