Health Physics News
The January 2006 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages of great information!!
- COVER — HP News writer Mary Walchuk took a random poll of HPS members and asked them which prominent health physicist from the late 1950s, early 1960s they would most like to spend time with and why. You'll find the answers varied and interesting!!
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — President McBurney discusses the importance of meeting the needs of the HPS membership.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Society leadership requests a tribute to radiation protection professionals.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The North Central Chapter holds its fall meeting, hosted by the Minnesota Department of Health, Radiation Control.
- The New England Chapter has the latest details about the HPS Summer School and things to do while you're attending the annual meeting in Providence.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The Awards Committee is calling for
nominations for outstanding scientific achievements and other
significant contributions and services.
- There's a new HPS award this year – the National Student Science Award for students in grades 6-12.
- THE 5,000th ATE QUESTION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED!! — Find out what the question was about and who answered it.
- NOTES — Memoriam for William L. McLaughlin.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — NCRP Releases Report No. 150.
- NUREG/CR-4884 is available online.
- CHP CORNER – The 2005 ABHP certification exam results are published in this month's CHP Corner.
- McAdams Award Reminder.
- Applications to take either part of the 2006 ABHP exam are due by 15 January 2006.
- Thanks is given to exam-site committee members.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about photographic evidence.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 8 display ads, 10 short courses, and 2 jobs are offered this month.