Health Physics News
The December 2005 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the CHP News insert.
- COVER — The series of "The Birth of the HPS: A Look Back" is continued with a look at the Chapters: The Heart and Soul of the Society.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — In President McBurney's first President's Message, she informs readers about the activities of the Media Relations Program and the appointment of the HPS Media Liaison.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Ralph Thomas encourages discussion on LNT.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Congress' activities mean it will stay in session longer.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Florida Chapter, South Texas Chapter, and North Central Chapter report on their latest chapter meetings.
- COMMITTEE AND SECTION NEWS — The Nominating Committee is calling for nominees for the next HPS election.
- The Power Reactor Section is requesting votes from members for a new president and treasurer and three board of director members.
- The New England Chapter encourages members to mark their calendars for the 2006 Annual Meeting of the HPS in Providence, Rhode Island.
- NOTES — Memoriams for J. Newell Stannard and Edwin A. Bemis.
- ICRP — Health Physics News Associate Editor Ralph
Andersen interviews new ICRP Chairman Dr. Lars-Erik Holm. They talk
about the ICRP and the new recommendations.
- ICRP Committee 5 Chairman R.J. Pentreath has an accompanying article highlighting radiation and the environment and the role of ICRP Committee 5.
- STUDENT TRAVEL/WORKER GRANTS and FELLOWSHIP FORMS
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Scentczar Corporation announces the First Radiological Device and Nuclear Event Symposium.
- A new Occupational Epidemiology Training Program, sponsored by NIOSH, has been established.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the Nu-Klear Fallout Detector (ca. 1960).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 10 display ads, 11 short courses, and 5 jobs are offered this month.