Health Physics News
The September 2005 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes Annual Meeting photos.
- COVER — The series of "The Birth of the HPS: A Look Back" is continued. This month Health Physics News readers will learn how the first Executive Director of the Society came about.
- EDITORIAL — Mark Maiello highlights a talk given by Rudy Guiliani about being prepared for an emergency.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Connolly tells us more about the Energy Bill.
- BEIR VII-PHASE 2 — A special AAHP session on BEIR VII at the annual meeting in Spokane featured Drs. Evan Douple, Ethel Gilbert, and James Cleaver. The overwhelming interest in the session prompted Health Physics News to continue the discussion by interviewing Douple, Gilbert, and Cleaver on some of the study research and recommendations.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Letters from David L. Horn, Richard V. Osborne, and Geoffrey Stapleton.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The 2005-2006 HPS committee appointments are published.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Columbia and Buckeye Chapters hold meetings.
- NOTES — The New England Chapter invites members to attend the 2006 HPS Annual Meeting in Providence.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The ANS Radiation Protection and Shielding Division's 14th Biennial Topical Meeting will be held in New Mexico in April.
- REFLECTIONS OF THE 2005 SUMMER SCHOOL — Richard Belanger highlights the 2005 summer school.
- ORS Editor-in-Chief resigns and a new one is appointed.
- 2005 ELDA ANDERSON AWARD ACCEPTANCE SPEECH by Lawrence T. Dauer.
- HPS ANNUAL MEETING PHOTOS
- CHP CORNER — AAHP Standing Committees for 2006 are appointed.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is on the Atomic Geiger Counter.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 9 display ads, 11 short courses, and 1 job are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.