Health Physics News
The July 2005 issue of Health Physics News has 28 pages of great stuff including the following:
- COVER — This month we continue the series of "The Birth of the HPS: A Look Back." Have you heard of Newell Stannard? In this issue we visit the Society, the profession, and the people through the eyes of J. Newell Stannard.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly reminds Society members that Congress has appropriated money for the study of health physics, and if the money is not spent on our issues, Congress will move it and spend it on someone else's behalf.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Follow-ups to Tschaeche and Osborne and a response from HPS President to Michael Fox who supports the need for research on low-dose radiation effects in people.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The North Central Chapter reports on their joint HPS-AAPM meeting held in April
- TWENTY-FIVE YEAR MEMBERS — The Health Physics Society honors 113 members who have, as of 2005, belonged to the Society for 25 years.
- CHP CORNER — The CHP Corner deals with the progress in professional recognition and title protection.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is on the Alpha Poppy (early 1950s).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This issue has 11 display ads, 16 short courses offered, and 3 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.