Health Physics News
The June 2005 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages of great stuff plus the CHP News insert.
- COVER — This month's cover story begins a series of "The Birth of the HPS: A Look Back." Mary Walchuk interviewed Frank Bradley about the first Health Physics Conference. Frank also shares his memories of that time and the birth of the HPS. We also share some of the old communications and programs with our readers.
- EDITORIAL — Mark Maiello reminds us that Emergency Medical Services need better radiological training.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Key elements in the legislative process are timing and persistence.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Robert Dixon and Laurence Friedman respond to a letter published in the April Health Physics News and Ted Rockwell comments on Dean Warren's book.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The North Central, Western New York, New England, and Northeastern New York Chapters report on their latest meetings.
- NOTES — Obituaries of Charles L. Weaver and Matthew Lyon
- Dear Abby
- NCRP — Highlights of the 41st Annual NCRP meeting
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER — N13 Chair Joseph Ring updates readers on radiation protection standards and the Health Physics Society.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is on the Mutant Golf Ball.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This issue has 11 display ads, 16 short courses offered, and 3 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.