Health Physics News
The May 2005 issue of Health Physics News has 28 pages with a wide range of information including the following:
- COVER — The cover story this month will get you in gear for the 50th Annual Meeting to be held in Spokane, Washington, 10-14 July 2005. Read about the Wednesday Plenary Sessions and get some background on the speakers.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly updates readers on the spring happenings in the nation's capital.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Cincinnati Radiation Society and the South Texas Chapter give reports on their latest meetings.
- HIGH-POWERED COLLECTION — This story is about one of HPS' members and was published in the Tri-City Herald, Richland, Washington.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Dean Warren comments about the book review that was written about his book, The Bomb and Its Deadly Shadow.
- NOTES — Obituaries of Walter Mauderli, John Cameron, and James Johnson
- The fifth health physics program is accredited by ABET/ASAC
- Jim Tripodes writes about the California radiation regulation reorganization proposals
- BOOK REVIEW — Andy Karam reviews the book The Bomb and Its Deadly Shadow: A Memoir, written by Dean Warren.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Public Education Committee Chair Dan McGrane updates readers on the committee's activities.
- COMMENTARY — Al Tschaeche comments about people living in apartments built in Taiwan using steel rebar that was contaminated with 60Co.
- CHP CORNER — Neil Kiely gives recommendations for anyone planning to take the CHP exam
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month's Archives article is on the Combination Counter.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This issue has 11 display ads, 21 short courses offered, and 1 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.