Health Physics News
The November 2004 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the 2005 Midyear Preliminary Program insert.
- COVER — The purpose of this month's cover story is to give an overview of several pharmaceuticals or other homeopathic remedies that have made the news as "anti-radiation pills" or "radiation antidotes" that may be offered as a protection in a dirty bomb or a nuclear attack.
- EDITORIAL — Proposed ICRP recommendations include the concept of dose constraint.
- In response, the S&PIC plans to submit comments on behalf of the Health Physics Society to the ICRP concerning the draft 2005 recommendations.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Members of the Program Committee are looking for potential session chairs for the 2005 meeting in Spokane.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Virginia Chapter hosted the 5th Annual Science Teacher Workshop in Newport News, Virginia.
- ELMER AND THE MOUNTAIN — Another fun and captivating "Elmer" story by Ken Miller.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — The importance of congressional elections
- NOTES — Updates and information on the HPS Midyear and the HPS Annual meetings.
- Obituaries for George E. Backman, Richard S. Cleveland, and Ralph E. Lapp.
- National Public Radio requests assistance from HPS Media Relations Committee
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Master of Health Physics offered at Oregon State University.
- NCRP 2005 Annual Meeting 30-31 March 2005.
- Albert L. Wiley, Jr., named REAC/TS Director.
- EPA Fellowships available in health physics.
- Online manuscript review system available for Health Physics and Operational Radiation Safety.
- Ron Fraass selected as new director of NAREL.
- The New Food Irradiation Fact Sheet is included in this month's issue of Health Physics News.
- OUTSIDE THE CORNER OFFICE — Part 3 of "The Journalist's Mission Statement and Core Principles" by Jim Hylko.
- CHP CORNER — ABHP holds summer meeting and elects new officers for 2005.
- ODDS and ENDS — This month's Archives article is about the first issue of the Atomic Rabbit comic book.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This issue has 19 display ads, 7 short courses offered, and 3 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.