June 2004 Health Physics News
The June 2004 issue of the Health Physics News has 32 pages and includes the CHP News insert.
- COVER — An attendance record was set at this year's NCRP meeting. The cover story this month highlights the meeting sessions, the keynote speaker, and the Taylor Lecture.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Kase reports on his visits with AIHA and other Society business.
- EDITORIAL — Andy Karam writes this month about the need for better radiation detectors to be used by people other than health physicists, especially first responders.
- CORRESPONDENCE — Lots of letters responding to Mike Henderson's "Radcon Rantings" article that ran in the May issue of Health Physics News.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Meet our new Washington Representative David A. Connolly.
- CHAPTER NEWS — This month we have news from the North Carolina Chapter, the North Central Chapter, and the South Texas Chapter.
- NOTES — An update on the HPS logo vote.
- Sandi Nemecek to retire from Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
- J. Scott Kirk informs readers of the HPS' alliance agreement with OSHA
- OUTSIDE THE CORNER OFFICE – Jim Hylko discusses a leader's need for empowerment.
- NRC holds a meeting to discuss involvement with the National Materials Program – Ralph Andersen provides input on behalf of the HPS.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Membership Committee Chair Joel Hoyt invites HPS members to be a mentor at this year's annual meeting.
- Members of the Publications Committee have collected abstracts from recent midyear meetings into a database available on the HPS website.
- THE TWELFTH J. NEWELL STANNARD Lecture Series was held in April. Marcia Hartman highlights the meeting.
- ODDS and ENDS — This month, Paul tells about the Maltese Cross Crookes Tube.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 15 display ads, 17 short courses offered, and 6 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958, fax: 507-362-4513, or email: email@example.com.