March 2004 Health Physics News
The March 2004 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages of news plus the 2004 Health Physics Society Summer School insert.
- COVER — IRPA 11 will be held in Madrid, Spain, 23-28 May 2004. HPS member Rick Jones is a member of the International Congress Programme Committee and provided information about the meeting for this month's cover story.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Ken Kase tells about the IRPA 11 General Assembly and how the HPS delegates will participate.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — It's budget time in Washington – Stan Ullman explains how the President's budget will impact the Health Physics Society.
- CORRESONDENCE — D.J. Higson and Ted Rockwell comment on the EPA Report in January Health Physics News and Jerome Puskin responds to their comments.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Updating us this month are the Virginia Chapter HPS and the New England Chapter HPS.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The AAHP puts out a call for nominations for the Joyce P. Davis Memorial Award.
- NCRP — The upcoming NCRP meeting will be held 14-15 April at the Crystal City Marriot, Crystal Forum. The meeting program is outlined in our NCRP article.
- NOTES — Annual Meeting 2004 – Washington, DC. This month you can find out how easy it is to get around DC without a vehicle.
- Find out how you can have a little fun at the RADAR website.
- HPS OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS — Bios of the new HPS officers and board members are included in this month's Health Physics News.
- INTERACTIONS WITH A REPORTER — "Very Hot Commodities–Ray Johnson is Aglow Over His Radioactive Treasures" – Ray tells of his experience with a Washington Post reporter.
- POSITION STATEMENT — The "Guidance for Protective Actions Following a Radiological Terrorist Event" Position Statement has been adopted by the HPS and is printed in this issue of Health Physics News.
- CHP CORNER — Kyle Kleinhans polls successful CHP candidates to find out their preparation methods for passing the exam.
- ODDS and ENDS — Paul Frame gives examples of an early radiation symbol.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 17 display ads, 18 short courses offered, and 3 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: email@example.com