The October 2003 issue of Health Physics News has 28 pages and includes the 2004 HPS Annual Meeting Call for Papers insert.
- COVER — This month new HPS President Ken Kase shares thoughts and information that will help HPS members get to know him a little better.
- EDITORIAL — Ted Lazo tells readers what he sees happening on the international front regarding the ICRP Publication 60, the increasing involvement of stakeholders in decision-making processes, and national-level nuclear emergency management exercises.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The New England Chapter reports on the NECHPS Annual Meeting.
- G. WILLIAM MORGAN LECTURE — A summary of the Morgan Lecture given by Ralph H. Thomas which is also available on the HPS Accelerator Section website
- Two pages of ANNUAL MEETING PHOTOS
- A Radiation Basics CROSSWORD PUZZLE
- HPS FELLOWSHIP and STUDENT TRAVEL/WORKER GRANT forms available in this issue
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER – N13 Instrumentation Section Manager Michelle L. Johnson discusses the three standards overseen by their Section.
- Highlights from the J. Newell Stannard Special Session at the HPS Annual Meeting in San Diego
- Dr. Dan J. Beninson obituary
- Application deadline for certification in Medical Health Physics
- CHP CORNER — This month's CHP Corner is the AAHP treasurer's report
- ODDS and ENDS — This month, Paul discusses the record album, "If the Bomb Falls," which tells you what to do in case of nuclear attack.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 23 display ads, 11 short courses offered, and 2 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: email@example.com