September 2003 Health Physics News
The September 2003 issue of Health Physics News has 32 pages and highlights the 48th Annual HPS Meeting held in San Diego.
- COVER — This month's cover story is a collection of reflections given by some participants and attendees of the 48th HPS Annual Meeting in San Diego. The plenary session talks and the Elda Anderson Award Acceptance Speech are included.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Mike Ryan has been approved for another three-year term as Journal editor.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Stan Ullman gives an update on the Senate energy bill and the energy appropriations bill and highlights his experience as an attendee at the San Diego Annual Meeting.
- TREASURER'S REPORT – HPS Treasurer Kent Lambert summarizes the FY2003-2004 budget.
- CORRESPONDENCE – Letters to the Editor from Richard W. Edwards, Blaine N. Howard, Bernard L. Cohen, and Kenneth L. Mossman.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Great Lakes Chapter held their October meeting in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The speaker was Richard T. Whitman, RSO for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Bureau of the Department of Homeland Security.
- NOTES — Included in Notes is the obituary of Norm C. Rasmussen and information on the Midyear Meeting in Augusta.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — Delegates to IRPA 11 are announced.
- CHP CORNER — This month's "CHP Corner" marks a change in editors with Kyle Kleinhans taking over the lead.
- ODDS and ENDS — Paul Frame tells about radium pouches.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 23 display ads, 9 short courses offered, and 2 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: email@example.com