September 2001 Newsletter Highlights
The Health Physics Society's September 2001 Newsletter includes an ANSI Standard, fun photos taken on the Night Out Goodtime III cruise, and many interesting articles including:
- COVER — Several people attending the recent ARSCE meeting in Cleveland reflect on how they feel the meeting went.
- EDITORIAL — Eric Abelquist tells about the changes being considered for the Health Physics Society.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — George Anastas summarizes the HPS 13 June Business Meeting and the 14 June Board Meeting.
- CORRESPONDENCE — This month's letters refer to the effects of low-level radiation, if the Standards should be electronic or printed, and an HPS member's experience giving a PEP presentation.
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Western Pennsylvania and South Texas Chapters update readers on their activities.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The list of nominees for this fall's election is complete and included in this month's Newsletter.
- Ray Guilmette and Eric Daxon report on a four-day meeting held at the Center of the German Physical Society in Bad Honnef that provided a forum for exchanging recent scientific results on DU in the Balkans.
- Joel Lubenau presents his article summarizing his presentation at the AAHP session held at the 2001 ARSCE.
- More photos from the 2001 ARSCE held in Cleveland.
- TREASURER'S REPORT — Brian Dodd details the Society's financial situation.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — The House and Senate pass FY2002 Energy and Water Appropriations Bills.
- CHP CORNER — AAHP/ABHP election results and honors from the ARSCE Meeting in Cleveland.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 14 display ads, 17 short courses offered, and 8 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, or Display Ads published in the Newsletter, contact Sharon Hebl at the Newsletter office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: email@example.com.