April 2001 Newsletter Highlights
The April 2001 edition of the Health Physics Society Newsletter has 36 pages and includes the Midyear 2002 Joint Topical Meeting Call for Papers insert.
- COVER — This month's cover story and three accompanying articles deal with the Chornobyl accident 15 years later. These articles help health physicists with information needed to answer questions about how the accident has affected the health of populations in the Chornobyl area and around the world.
- EDITORIAL — Dade Moeller defines a myriad of different standards and regulations on annual dose limits for the public.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — Paul Rohwer gives a brief summary of Board actions from the February Board Meeting in Anaheim.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Liz Gemski provides a blueprint of the President's fiscal year 2002 budget.
- MIDYEAR MEETING PHOTOS — Gail Magenis captures scenes at the Plenary Session, Board Meeting, and other events.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING — Brian Dodd explains what happened to the HPS 2010 Strategic Plan.
- BOOK REVIEW — The Perception of Risk is reviewed by Stephen L. Brown
- CORRESPONDENCE — Letters from A.N. Tschaeche and Victor Archer and a comment from Andy Karam.
- NOTES — Are you retired, thinking of retiring or finding yourself with plenty of time on your hands? If so, Brian Dodd has a deal for you. Check it out on page 22 of the April Newsletter.
- Included are details of the technical tours that have been planned at the ARSCE 2001 meeting.
- Charlie Meinhold will receive the Curie Medal at a special ceremony in Warsaw.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The ninth annual J. Newell Stannard Lecture Series will be held in April, and the 12th annual Eberline User Conference will be held in May.
- CHP CORNER — ABHP Chair Robert Miltenberger reviews the revised calculator policy for the 2002 exam.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 12 display ads, 21 short courses offered, and six job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, or Display Ads published in the Newsletter, contact Sharon Hebl at the Newsletter office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.