March 2001 Newsletter Highlights
The March 2001 issue of the HPS Newsletter is on its way and it's full of up-to-date news stories, ads, and job offers. Included in this issue is the 2001 HPS Summer School insert.
- COVER — HPS and the Media — does the HPS have a formal policy regarding press releases when radiation-related issues make the news? You'll find out when you read this month's cover story.
- EDITORIAL — Andy Karam points out the privileges of being a health physicist.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — During Chapter Visits last year, one of the questions Paul Rohwer asked was, as a "user friendly" organization what could we be doing better? In his column this month, Paul shares the most common response.
- DEPLETED URANIUM — Read what the experts say regarding health effects of depleted uranium.
- CORRESPONDENCE — A letter addresses the role of religion in radiation dosimetry.
- COMMUNICATION IN SIGHT — Ray Johnson begins a series on "radiation safety."
- CHAPTER NEWS — The Chapters are doing a great job of sending in news about their meetings. This month we have reports from the East Tennessee, North Carolina, South Texas, and the New England Chapter.
- SECTION NEWS — Eric Abelquist gives the low down on the Decommissioning Section's Web site.
- OFFICERS and BOARD MEMBERS — You'll be able to see photos and read a personal synopsis of each of the new officers and board members.
- SALARY SURVEY — The 2000 HPS Salary Survey is included in this issue.
- NCRP ARTICLE — An article supporting the NCRP is reproduced from the American Journal of Roentgenology.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — This month's column details the organization of the 107th Congress.
- NOTES — If you're interested in borrowing the HPS booth, HPS Liaison Judson Kenoyer explains how to do it.
- Obituaries of Donald Conrad Lawrence and Philip Edwin Bramson
- Information about the 2001 ARSCE and the Summer School
- Information about the NA-YGN, a group uniting young professionals working in all fields of nuclear science
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — The Ninth Annual J. Newell Stannard Lecture Series will be held in April.
- CHP CORNER — The Corner editor, Steve Rima, asks for input from all CHPs.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — This month there are 14 display ads, 21 short courses offered, and 13 job offers.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, or Display Ads published in the Newsletter, contact Sharon Hebl at the Newsletter office—507-362-8958; fax: 507-362-4513; or email: email@example.com.