Health Physics News
Highlights of the 40-page online March 2014 issue of Health Physics News
Click on the blue link to go to each section.
- COVER — Fried by Fukushima – by Mary Walchuk and Linnea Wahl
- Fukushima Misinformation: What Do We Do? – an interview with Kathryn Higley, Robert Gale, and Eric Goldin
- Fukushima Facts 2014 – by Joel Cehn
- Journalism After Fukushima – by Andy Karam
- CSU Student Branch Attends Fukushima Ambassadors Program – by Britt Edquist
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — What's New for the 59th HPS Annual Meeting, 13–17 July 2014, Baltimore, Maryland – by HPS President Darrell Fisher
- CALL FOR NOMINATIONS — Due date for nominations for HPS officers and Board–1 May 2014
- HPS MEETINGS
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting: Socializing in Baltimore
- 2014 Professional Development School in Baltimore: "Radiation Instruments—New Technology and Developments"
- Upcoming HPS Meetings
- 2014 Professional Development School in Baton Rouge, "Radiation Safety in Medicine"
- SOCIETY NEWS — Intersociety Sharing of Newsletters Increases Readership of Health Physics News
- MEMBER NEWS — Frank Costello
- CHAPTER NEWS — Rio Grande Chapter
- SECTION NEWS — Medical Health Physics Section
- BOOKS BY HPS MEMBERS — Decommissioning Health Physics: A Handbook for MARSSIM Users, Second Edition – by Eric Abelquist
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Nanotechnology Committee, Science Support Committee, Membership Committee
- FROM THE EDITOR — Why Are People Afraid of Radiation? – by Howard Dickson
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — From standpoint of HPS, budget agreement reached by Congress beneficial
- THE BOICE REPORT #22 — NASA—The Final Frontier in Radiation Protection
- IN MEMORIAM — George E. Hofferber
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — Why Should Chicken Little Have All the Fun? – by Brant Ulsh
- REPORT FROM THE STACKS — The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II – by Denise Kiernan
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — Sometimes Things Get Wooly!
- REAC/TS — External Contamination With Uranyl Nitrate
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — Keith Rose
- Understanding the Atom Booklets Available Online
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- Third James E. Turner Memorial Symposium
- Health Physics Society Membership Advantages
- EPA Requests Comments on Updating Nuclear Power Environmental Standards
- 2014 Air Monitoring Users Group Meeting
- Free Stuff From Radiation Technology, Inc.
- CHP CORNER
- American Board of Health Physics
- AAHP Appeals Committee
- Professional Standards and Ethics Committee
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Robert Alexander and Ron Kathren at the 1988 HPS Annual Meeting
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.