Health Physics News
Highlights of the 43-page online January 2014 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — "What Happened to the Nuclear Renaissance?" by Jay Maisler
- SOCIETY NEWS
- Call for Nominations for HPS Officers and Board
- Call for Awards Nominations
- 47th Midyear Meeting of the HPS, Baton Rouge, 9–12 February 2014
- 2014 Professional Development School, "Radiation Safety in Medicine"
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting: Information on the Baltimore Convention Center and the Convention Headquarters Hotel
- 48th Midyear Meeting of the HPS, Norfolk/Virginia Beach, 1–4 February 2015
- HPS Participates in China Annual Meeting
- Darrell Fisher and Casper Sun Hosted by Taiwan Chapter
- MEMBER NEWS — Kenneth L. Mossman, Michael T. Ryan
- CHAPTER NEWS — Florida Chapter, Arizona Chapter, Baltimore-Washington Chapter, Central Rocky Mountain Chapter, Colorado State University Student Branch
- SECTION NEWS — Medical Health Physics Section
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Nanotechnology Committee
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC News: NRC Directs Staff to Complete Yucca Mountain Safety Evaluation Report
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — An encounter with NRC commissioners on Capitol Hill shows the respect federal officials have for the work performed by HPS members.
- THE BOICE REPORT #20 — Atomic Bombs, Asbestos, and Healthy Warriors
- IN MEMORIAM — Henry Tyrus "Ty" Miller
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW — Wayne M. Glines provides a review of the documentary Pandora's Promise.
- LETTER TO THE EDITORS — Allen Brodsky discusses the use of traditional units.
- BOOKS BY HPS MEMBERS — The Adventures of Radon Ranger, by Andreas C. George
- REPORT FROM THE STACKS — Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety, by Eric Shlosser
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — Resolute Resolutions
- REAC/TS — Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy for Acute Local Radiation Injuries: State of the Art and Science
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — Robert Hayes
- Water Confidence: Proposed Rule and Draft GEIS
- Third James E. Turner Memorial Symposium Accepting Abstracts
- Health Physics Society Membership Advantages
- CHP CORNER
- ABHP Exam Application Reminder
- 2013 ABHP Certification Exam Results
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 2 display ads and 16 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.