Health Physics News
Highlights of the 34-page online December 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — A report from C. Rick Jones on the 57th International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference, "Conducting Science in a Political Environment"
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — Our Legislative and Federal Agency Priorities, by President Darrell Fisher
- SOCIETY NEWS
- HPS Ballot Now Online
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting–Traveling to Baltimore? Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Registration information for the 2014 HPS Midyear Meeting and PDS
- MEMBER NEWS — Nolan Hertel, Bill Hendee, and Robert T. Shannon
- CHAPTER NEWS — North Central Chapter, North Carolina Chapter, and South Texas Chapter
- SECTION NEWS — Nonionizing Radiation Section
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Membership Committee
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC News: NRC's Donald Cool Named to ICRP Main Commission and as Chairman of ICRP Committee Four
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — The effect of the October federal government shutdown on government entities of interest to health physicists
- THE BOICE REPORT #19 — ICRP Main Commission Meeting and Second International Symposium, Abu Dhabi, October 2013
- IN MEMORIAM — David G. Cadena and Wayne L. Britz
- BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, OR OUT OF DATE — The Atomic Energy Commission: Its Organization and Functions
- MEMBER'S POINT OF VIEW
- Advantages of Membership in the Health Physics Society
- Debate: "Should There Be a Dose-Rate Effectiveness Factor in Radiation Protection?"
- REPORT FROM THE STACKS — Review of SuperFuel: Thorium, the Green Energy Source for the Future
- REAC/TS — Acute Local Radiation Injury
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — Sue Dupré
- 70th Anniversary of the Manhattan Project at the Hanford Site
- International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine: "Facing Increasing Challenges"
- Request for Pilot Project Proposals–Center for High-Throughput Minimally Invasive Radiation Biodosimetry
- News From the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging–The Image Gently Alliance
- Health Physics Society Membership Advantages
- Don't Forget to Vote and to Renew Your HPS Membership
- CHP NEWS — The December 2013 issue of CHP News
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 4 display ads and 9 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.