Health Physics News
Highlights of the 32-page online October 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — "Ongoing Radiation Effects Studies in the Former Soviet Union" by Bruce Napier, CHP
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — In "Why We Belong: The Meaning and Value of Society Membership," President Darrell Fisher interviews former HPS Director Scott Schwahn
- SOCIETY NEWS
- National Radiation Protection Professionals Week
- 2014 HPS Midyear Meeting and PDS, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 2014 HPS Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland
- MEMBER NEWS — Matt Moeller, Linnea Wahl
- CHAPTER NEWS — Baltimore-Washington Chapter
- SECTION NEWS — Nonionizing Radiation Section, Accelerator Section, Medical Health Physics Section
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Membership Committee, Nonotechnology Committee
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — HPS is making its presence and expertise available to federal policy makers.
- THE BOICE REPORT #17 — The 2014 National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements Meeting, 9–10 March 2014, Bethesda, Maryland
- BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, OR OUT OF DATE — Crisis Contained: The Department of Energy at Three Mile Island – A History
- REAC/TS — "Lethal Exposure to a 60Co Industrial Irradiation Source, Peoples' Republic of China, 2008"
- CHP CORNER
- Special Session: "Medical Physics and Health Physics at Medical Facilities"
- The State of AAHP Finances
- Continuing Education Committee Update
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — Jason Harris, associate professor of health physics in the Department of Nuclear Engineering and Health Physics at Idaho State University
- 4th African IRPA Congress in Morocco, September 2014
- Planning for IRPA16 in 2024
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 4 display ads and 10 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.