Health Physics News
Highlights of the 42-page online July 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — President-elect Darrell Fisher reports on the Georgia Health Physics Association and its technical symposium in Tbilisi, a celebration of its fifth anniversary as a chapter of the Health Physics Society (HPS). A background on HPS international chapters is presented.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — In his last message as HPS president, Armin Ansari encourages continued member volunteer involvement and presents ideas for growth of the Society.
- SOCIETY NEWS
- Health Physics Society 58th Annual Meeting: Highlights of the Technical Program and Last-Minute Tips for Visiting Madison
- 25-Year Members of the Health Physics Society
- Stabin Honored With Hal Anger Lectureship & Award by the SNMMI
- CHAPTER NEWS — Ten chapters reporting this month
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — Membership Committee and Nanotechnology Committee
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — HPS testimony on the Integrated University Program administered by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- THE BOICE REPORT #14 — UNSCEAR – May 2013 Meeting in Vienna, Austria
- IN MEMORIAM — Obituary of Bobby Frank Rutherford
- BOOKS BY HPS MEMBERS — The first book featured in this new column is Nuclear Science and Technology Made so Simple, It Belongs in Your Newspaper: Popular Science Topics for the Layman, by Robert Bruce Hayes.
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — Fukushima Fuss?
- EDITORIAL — How to Respond to Flawed Media Stories
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — Errors We Make in Decisions for Radiation Safety – Part XIII
- REAC/TS — From the REAC/TS Radiation Accident Registry: Pennsylvania 1967 – Exposures to a Van de Graaf Generator – Part II
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — This month's interviewee is Lou Shimabuku.
- CHP CORNER
- Title Protection and Professional Recognition Committee
- Part II Examination Panel
- ANNOUNCEMENTS — 25th Annual Air Monitoring Users Group Meeting
- NOTES from NRC and FACOSH
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 4 display ads and 11 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.