Health Physics News
Highlights of the 40-page online March 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Two years after the Fukushima Daiichi accident, the Health Physics Society (HPS) held a professional development school (PDS) to discuss the lessons learned since then. Several instructors from the school present what they feel have been the most important lessons learned.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — President Ansari talks about why the name-change initiative has come to a stop and what must be done moving forward.
- SOCIETY NEWS —
- Opportunities for exploring Wisconsin while there for the 2013 HPS Annual Meeting in Madison
- Information on the February 2014 HPS Midyear Meeting and PDS in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- James E. Turner Memorial Symposium Call for Abstracts deadline, 15 March 2013
- Photos from the 2013 HPS Midyear Meeting
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly writes about the House Science Committee.
- THE BOICE REPORT #10 — Boice Report #10 discusses the November 2012 ICRP meeting held in Fukushima City, Japan.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES —
- Nominating Committee: The committee is soliciting candidates for next year's election of officers.
- Ad Hoc Committee on Membership Categories: A new membership category structure is being discussed and a survey has been sent to HPS members.
- Membership Committee: The committee's two-sided task is gaining new members and increasing retention of current membership.
- Ad Hoc Committee on Society Governance: An interim report by the committee has identified compelling reasons to change the Society's internal governance structure.
- CHAPTER NEWS — This month's reports are from the East Tennessee Chapter, the Savannah River Chapter, and the Mid-America Chapter.
- SECTION NEWS — This month's report is from the Decommissioning Section.
- IN MEMORIAM — Obituary of Marko Muscovitch
- AGENCY NEWS — An update on revisions to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's 10 CFR Part 20
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — How We Make Decisions for Radiation Safety – Part IX
- REAC/TS — Recent Calls for Assistance to REAC/TS
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — This month's interviewee is Sean Jones.
- CHP CORNER — A note from American Academy of Health Physics (AAHP) President John Frazier, AAHP Appeals Committee report, American Board of Health Physics report
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — Radiation Regulator, a new free international journal, is now available.
- OTHER NEWS —
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- Radiation and Risk: Expert Perspectives
- International Radiation Protection Association Requests Comments on Guideline on Radiation Protection Culture.
- Job Posting on Members Only for HPS Members
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Past Presidents William Bair and Mel Carter at the 1991 HPS Annual Meeting in Washington, DC
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 12 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.