Health Physics News
Highlights of the 45-page online February 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Dr. Bob Brent discusses his role as ATE topic editor in advising pregnant women with concerns about radiation. ATE Editor Gen Roessler shares thank you emails received by ATE topic editors.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — President Ansari talks about the Council of Scientific Society Presidents meeting.
- SOCIETY NEWS —
- The 2013–2014 officers and Board members are introduced.
- Local Arrangements Chair Mike Lewandowski describes travel options for the 2013 HPS Annual Meeting in Madison.
- Peer reviewers for Health Physics and Operational Radiation Safety are recognized.
- The HPS Taiwan Chapter reports on its activities.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES —
- Awards Committee: Nominations for Society awards are due 1 March 2013.
- Nominating Committee: The committee is soliciting candidates for next year's election of officers.
- Membership Committee: Ron Rice won the 2012 HPS Member-Get-a-Member Contest.
- Nanotechnology Committee: The new Nanotechnology Committee logo is presented and explained.
- Ad Hoc Committee on Membership Categories: A new membership category structure is being discussed.
- History Committee: Eight new interview videos have been added to the HPS website.
- IN MEMORIAM — Obituary of Wendall Carriker
- THE BOICE REPORT #9 — Boice Report #9 discusses the DOE and nuclear shipyard worker studies.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — A leadership group of the HPS visited Washington, DC.
- HPS STANDARDS CORNER — A guide to citing and referencing HPS-published American National Standards
- RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION AROUND THE GLOBE — In our newest column, Ted Lazo brings us health physics news from over the water.
- CHP CORNER — ABHP Part I Examination Panel activities, Continuing Education Committee report, Call for 2013 McAdams Award Nominations, Professional Development Committee Update
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — This month's interviewee is Zohra Lounis-Mokrani.
- BOOKS OLD, OBSCURE, AND OUT OF DATE — A review of Health Physics Annotated Bibliography by Charles A. Willis
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — How We Make Decisions for Radiation Safety – Part VIII
- REAC/TS — Recent Calls for Assistance to REAC/TS
- OTHER NEWS —
- Up and Coming in Health Physics
- NCRP 49th Annual Meeting: 11–12 March 2013
- DOE Issues Strategy Report on Waste Management and Disposal
- Radiation and Risk: Expert Perspectives
- Connecting the Community: The Disaster Medicine List Serv
- National Safety Council Celebrates 100th Anniversary in 2013
- Waste Management Conference
- International Radon Symposium Call for Papers
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Charlie Meinhold and Bills Mills appear to be trapped at the 1995 HPS Annual Meeting in Seattle.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 5 display ads and 14 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.