Health Physics News
Highlights of the 36-page online January 2013 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Sharon Hebl retires as managing editor of Health Physics News, but will continue working for Web Operations in a different role.
- BREAKING NEWS on the results of the Health Physics Society election
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — President Ansari gives readers some HPS updates.
- THE BOICE REPORT #8 — Boice Report #8 discusses the study of U.S. nuclear power plant workers.
- IRPA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETS IN BERLIN — Rich Vetter and Dick Toohey highlight the 64th IRPA Executive Council meeting held in Berlin, 29 November–1 December 2012.
- DVSRS and the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's Mütter Museum presented an all-day symposium on 9 November. Joel Lubenau and Dave Allard highlight the meeting for readers.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The Scientific and Public Issues Committee developed four new position statements this past year.
- NOTES —
- The HPS 58th Annual Meeting will be held in Madison, Wisconsin, 7–11 July 2013. This month you can take a look back in time to Madison's beginnings and explore what it is about Madison that makes it a unique and enticing destination.
- iRadiation—A new iphone app now available.
- S.Y. Chen named director of professional master of health physics program at Illinois Institute of Technology
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — This month's interviewee is Clark Barton.
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — How We Make Decisions for Radiation Safety – Part VII
- REAC/TS — This month Doran Christensen discusses significant radiation incidents in India.
- CHP CORNER — The results of the 2012 ABHP certification exam
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Check out this month's photo of Dade Moeller, John Lakey, and John Till at the Awards Dinner at the 1988 Health Physics Society Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 5 display ads and 9 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: email@example.com.