Health Physics News
Highlights of the 43-page online September 2012 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Barbara Hamrick gives a synopsis of this year's plenary session at the 2012 Health Physics Society (HPS) Annual Meeting. The session was well attended and well received due to the timely theme, "Consistency in Radiation Protection Standards."
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — HPS President Armin Ansari reflects on the past year spent traveling the country as president-elect.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly encourages HPS members to communicate with senators and urge them to support the NRC scholarship program that benefits students studying health physics.
- COMMENTARIES — This month there are two commentaries regarding the Society name change and a commentary on risk estimates for low doses of radiation.
- NOTES —
- If you picked up a mug at the ORAU booth while attending the HPS annual meeting and are wondering who William David Coolidge is, you can read all about him in this month's Health Physics News.
- Howard Dickson summarizes the results of the 2012 Web Ops survey conducted at the annual meeting in Sacramento.
- THE BOICE REPORT #4 — John Boice gives a few comments on how "The Times They Are a-Changin."
- ANNOUNCEMENTS —
- The 245th American Chemical Society National Meeting will be held 7–11 April 2013 in New Orleans.
- The Image Gently Annual Alliance Meeting will be held during the RSNA meeting 26 November 2012 in Chicago.
- IN MEMORIAM — Dwane Stevens obituary
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The Membership Committee announces the kickoff of the 2012 Member-Get-a-Member Contest.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — This month's interviewee is Gloria Mei.
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — How Do We Make Decisions for Radiation Safety? – Part III.
- REAC/TS — Doran Christensen and colleagues talk about guidance documents for response to and recovery from radiological or nuclear incidents.
- CHP CORNER — Highlights of the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee, AAHP committee appointments, and activities of the ABHP.
- FROM THE ARCHIVES — Check out this month's photo from the 1982 HPS meeting held in Las Vegas.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 7 display ads and 13 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.