Health Physics News
Highlights of the 33-page online May 2012 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Bryan Lemieux, Kathy Pryor, George Kerr, and Dawn Banghart tell readers what's planned for the 2012 Health Physics Society Annual Meeting 22-26 July in Sacramento, California. Bryan describes the topical and special sessions, Kathy highlights the plenary session, George introduces the invited speakers for the Department of Energy special session, and Dawn invites you to enjoy the Sacramento Wine Region.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — HPS President Kathy Pryor discusses the possibility of changing the name of the Health Physics Society.
- IRPA13 UPDATE — Three sessions will be webcast live from IRPA13 Glasgow Congress offering participating certified health physicists CECs from the AAHP.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly points out that politics in this country has not changed all that much from the beginnings of the Republic as he discusses the background of Presidential elections.
- In Joel Cehn's article "“Know Your Audience," he gives readers tips on communicating with the public.
- Mary Walchuk interviews Paul Frame as he ends his "Odds and Ends" column in the newsletter.
- Brett Burk gives a few brief points to HPS chapter leaders about how to handle things like incorporation and Internal Revenue Service filings and nonprofit status.
- The HPS mentoring program is back!
- NCRP Report No. 170 is available.
- RADIATION SAFETY PSYCHOLOGY — A new column written by Ray Johnson
- CHAPTER NEWS — Wendy Woehr highlights the North Carolina Chapter spring 2012 meeting.
- IN MEMORIAM — Obituaries of Dowell Edward Martz and Bernard L. Cohen.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — The interviewee this month is Rob Powell.
- CHP CORNER — AAHP Past President Kathleen Shingleton encourages members to attend the AAHP Special Session at the 2012 HPS meeting in Sacramento.
- ODDS AND ENDS — This month, Paul Frame tells about the MacLagan Penetrometer (ca. 1905-1910).
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 5 display ads and 13 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.