Health Physics News
Highlights of the 50-page online March 2012 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — Health physicists worldwide have been involved in many ways this past year in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on 11 March 2011. We asked several Health Physics Society members, in the United States and Japan, for their reflections on the one-year anniversary of the event.
- FROM THE PRESIDENT — HPS President Kathryn Pryor discusses more of the values of Health Physics Society membership.
- HIGHLIGHTS AND PHOTOS of the Health Physics Society Midyear Meeting in Dallas
- MEMBERS' POINT OF VIEW — Allen Brodsky is concerned about the removal of the use of the so-called "traditional" units of measure in print and in speech. Armin Ansari responds to Dr. Brodsky's concerns.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — Continuing with the theme from last month, David Connolly examines how to contact the Congress to express your opinion on the importance of the scholarship program for health physicists.
- Highlights of the 50th anniversary of the Annual Failla Memorial Lecture
- The 2011 Member-Get-a-Member Contest results
- Obituaries of Brother Jerome Rademacher, Dr. Itsuzo Shigematsu, and William R. Schell
- Judson Kenoyer to manage Dade Moeller Training Academy
- AFRRI Symposium 5 April 2012
- Dr. Ted Lazo encourages you to attend IRPA13 in Glasgow, Scotland, 13–18 May 2012.
- Things to do at the 57th Annual Health Physics Society Meeting 22–26 July 2012 in Sacramento, California
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES — The Nominating Committee reminds members to nominate officers and directors to serve the Society.
- STANDARDS CORNER — New and reaffirmed ANSI/HPS N13 Standards are available.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS — The interviewee this month is Ken Groves.
- CHAPTER NEWS — Reports from the Rio Grande Chapter, Florida Chapter, and Northern California Chapter.
- REAC/TS — The REAC/TS case file this month deals with significant criticality incidents – Y-12 Plant, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 1958.
- CHP CORNER – Updates on the American Board of Health Physics, the Professional Standards and Ethics Committee, and the Appeals Committee of the AAHP.
- ODDS AND ENDS — Paul Frame tells about a health physics poster from Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 7 display ads and 14 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.