Health Physics News
Highlights of the 28-page November 2011 issue of Health Physics News
- COVER — HPS Midyear Meeting Program Committee Task Force Chair Latha Vasudevan discusses the upcoming meeting in Dallas, Texas, 5-8 February 2012.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE — HPS President Kathy Pryor encourages HPS members to help recruit students to join the Society and to take some time to meet and talk to our student members.
- ARE YOU WONDERING WHAT IS HAPPENING AT FUKUSHIMA? Web Operations Editor Howard Dickson has done some research on what is happening at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant and shares with readers what he found.
- THE 2011 ORAU MUG: ROLF MAXIMILIAN SIEVERT
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY — David Connolly discusses the effort to restore domestic production of 99Mo and how the funding might be hampered by the complicated computations of Medicare payments.
- HPS MEMBERS CAN VOTE online for president-elect, secretary-elect, and three members of the Board of Directors.
- COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES – There's still time to recruit new members and win a free year of Society membership.
- History Committee – Members of the History Committee have been working on making the annual meeting photos available online.
- NOTES – Obituaries of Dade W. Moeller and Jenny M. Johansen
- Jack Selby honored by IEC
- Professional Radiation Protection Professionals Week 6-12 November 2011
- HPS position on the use of SI units
- Governor Rick Perry reappoints HPS members to Texas Radiation Advisory Board.
- NEI sponsors a communications workshop at the University of Texas.
- ORS needs manuscripts to keep ORS a viable entity.
- Jack Fix to represent United States on the ISO Technical Committee on Nuclear Energy
- CHAPTER NEWS — West Texas Chapter first to host President-elect Armin Ansari
- AGENCY NEWS — NRC completes FY11 education grant awards.
- GETTING TO KNOW THE HPS – This month's interviewee is Rich Vetter, retired HPS agency and congressional liaison.
- CHP CORNER — Exam Site Committee activities and AAHP committee appointments
- ODDS AND ENDS — Paul Frame tells about the "Ball of Mystery."
- ADVERTISEMENTS — 6 display ads and 13 short courses are offered this month.
To have your Chapter or Branch News, Committee Activities, Correspondence, Announcements, Section News, Short Courses, Job Ads, or Display Ads published in Health Physics News, contact Sharon R. Hebl at the Health Physics News office: 507-362-4687, fax: 507-362-4977, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.